1873-75 Lighthouse Keepers Logs

ReadAboutContentsVersionsHelp
1

1

RG 26 RECORDS OF THE UNITED STATES COAST GUARD Records of the Lighthouse Service LIGHTHOUSE STATION LOGS. 1897-1910

YAQUINA HEAD, 1873-1910

THRU

BOX 497 NC-31 E 80 HM FY90

Last edit about 1 year ago by Friends of Yaquina Lighthouses
2

2

Journal of Light-house Station at 1873 August 20 Light first exhibited with Fayett S. Crosby as principal Joesph C Mann 1st assistant John Jessup 2nd assistant

Last edit about 1 year ago by Friends of Yaquina Lighthouses
3

3

1873 December 24 Circular Orders to Light-Keepers to be entered on the Journal of Station

Treasuary Department Office of the Light House board Washington Oct 5th 1873

At a meeting of the Light House board held on the 8th of October 1873 it was Ordered That when any officer of the Light House Establishment visiting a light Station Shall give an order to the Keeper. he shall enter such order over his signature upon the Journal of the Station. He shall also examine the Journal to see that all orders previously given, have been executed, and when the Keeper has failed to do so, shall note such failure in the Journal, and call upon the Keeper for an explination, and if such explination is not satisfactory, shall report him for dismissal. By order of the Light House Board Joseph Henry Chairman Fayett S. Crosby Keeper

Last edit about 1 year ago by Friends of Yaquina Lighthouses
4

4

1874 April 1 Joe C Mann and John Jessup left the Station as assistants

1874 April 8 James A Cook assumed the duties as 1st assistant

1874 May 1 James H Blain assumed the duties as 2nd assistant

1874 May 17 Com J. H Spotts U.S.N Gen Light House Inspection, Gen N. Michler Light House Engineer, Mr H. S. Wheeler Superintendant of construction, Inspected this Station

1874 July 24 US Steamer Shubrick arrived here with Com J. H. Spotts Light House Inspector, Capt Davis of the Light House board at Washington, Mr. Winship Lampist and D W Lowell Suply Clerk, inspected the Station and left supplies

1874 December 21 Mr. F. S. Crosby, Keeper Cape Foulweather Light Station. Sir after January 1 1875 you will please send all communications to Lieut-Commander Lewis Kempff U.S.N Inspector 13th Light House District at Astoria Oregon Very Respectfully J H Spotts U.S.N Com U.S.N Inspector A.D. 1875

1875 April 20 U.S. Steamer Shubrick arrived here with Commander Lewis Kempff U.S.N. Light House Inspector, Mr Winship Lampist and Mr H. S. Wheeler Supt of construction, Inspected the Station. Steamer sailed 5 O'c P.M.

Last edit about 1 year ago by Friends of Yaquina Lighthouses
5

5

1875 August 10 U.S. Steamer Shubrick arrived here with Commander Lewis Kempff U.S.N. Light House Inspector also Mr H. S. Wheeler Supt of construction, Inspected the Station and sailed same day

1875 December 17 U.S. Steamer Shubrick arrived here with Commander Lewis Kempff U.S.N Light House Inspector. Inspected the Station. Steamer left Sun' Evening

Last edit about 1 year ago by Friends of Yaquina Lighthouses
Records 1 – 5 of 6